Coursework (IV)

The finals for the whole coursework this year: http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/akie_monogatari/Coursework%202011%20Finals/?start=all

(or at least just three of them, because the others refused to upload even at the lowest quality.)

For the finals, I designed the layout of the calendar, and photoshopped the illustrations, and then put everything together. I did the captions myself, too. The photoshopping took me quite a while, especially adjusting the colours of the illustrations.

And then there's the captions. They're basically dialogues from the characters, and I hope you find them interesting. I've never seen captions like that before, but somehow thought of doing them all like that. I'm random, I know.

As for the layouts, I'm keeping it nice and simple so that the focus stays on the illustrations. (:

And so... it's the end of the whole coursework project, huh.

I did enjoy it, I think? I definitely wouldn't have said something like that if it were the me in the June holidays, but yeah, looking back... I think it was worth all the effort and pain. Haha.

It's been a real test of my creativity and perseverance. For the former, it's not that easy coming up with sadistic ideas and details - I spent a great lot of time thinking of what to draw for each illustration, and for each drawing, I spent more time thinking of ideas than of drawing the actual thing. Which, for someone whose drawing is kind of... *ahem*, that's saying something.

Still, and as I was asked, where do I get all my sadistic ideas from? I think I was born with it. Not easy to come up with, but I think I have plenty more. (Sadism is infinite.)

No comments:

Post a Comment