Coursework (III)

Finished paintings for the coursework.

I chose the ones I liked better to upload. Everything turned out better than I could hope for, so... yay? :D

Anyway, these aren't photoshopped, which is why they're a bit more dull than the printed ones.

I also left the bits on the side. They're the footprints I left during the arduous painting journey. I use a lot of colours for every one of the illustrations, and I don't usually use the "standard" sort of colours so I ended up mixing, mixing and mixing even more.

Not to mention the fact that I'd went back to school, nine to five plus, for two and a half weeks straight during the June holidays, just to paint these things. No, there's no problem with the amount of time I spent in school during the holidays, but every single time I had to re-mix the colours. I nearly bled over the brown each time.

You know... I'm glad they turned out okay. Really, really glad.

Anyway, the pictures:


Morning! But this one became warpy when I was painting it... which is why the water colour paper texture is pretty obvious.

Not that it's that bad a thing, it's just not very uniform.


I like the blue sky in this one. It might seem a little bit dull, but it's the sort of mild autumn day I saw everyday when I lived in Sendai that time. Plus it gives this refreshing feeling - not too wet, not too dry, not too much sun.

Great for P.E. lessons. I wish we had that sort of temperature in Singapore. *sigh*


Holiday! :D I like the balloons, of course. And "5" and "11" are in bright red. (:

I think the sky wasn't very smoothly painted in this one, but hmm... the patchiness gives it more of a "painted" feeling, doesn't it?


And my favourite, favourite one - the class photo painting. There're many things happening inside, but this is the only picture which doesn't have anything sadistic inside. It's 411, how could I bring myself to draw something sadistic...

Plus there are 23 characters included (the Kueh Lapis layers are considered as separate characters). My class has 23 people. (:

Oh, but the right-side bit for this painting is the most crowded out of all the paintings, I think. The colours were terribly hard to get. Especially since I insisted on mixing the brown colour by myself. Really, I don't know what I was thinking.

But in any case, it still turned out okay, so... :D

Oh, and I had a lot of trouble with the board. Why is it that all the red paints aren't red?! Isn't red a basic colour? There was luminous pink, orange, some strange shade of magenta... but no red. I was looking for the deep red kind of red, but... nope. Nada.

I can't remember how I got this colour in the end, I think I used the brown that I mixed with orange and green and mixed it with the luminous pink. =\

Which is about it for this bit, I'll be back when I finish photoshopping everything and get everything in the layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment