月と太陽 (Moon and Sun)


(click on image to enlarge)

This work is a collaboration between me and another fellow classmate. We decided to combine our abstract assignments in this manner to create a new piece.

The picture I used was an abstract drawing (can be found in previous post Sunflower Abstracts) I'd done previously, of a sunflower field. The one that she chose was a drawing of a peony. The two flowers are really different. One, like the sun, stood tall, bright and cheerful. On the other hand, the other had an ethereal beauty which seemed to cause it to almost glow in the dark, under the moonlight.

That was how the concept for this piece was developed, and I'm glad that we did a great job in completing this work.

1 comment:

  1. I agree... A great job! I am proud of both of you and the patience you all had to complete this piece of work neatly and proficiently... Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete